The 3 Gods Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the 3 Gods Empires Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PvP and BH update

Go down 
+2
crusaderz2
Sir Fatehill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:50 pm

So what do people think of the new updates? ....to recap...

Drop changes

This week we have removed the majority of boss- and minigame-only drops from the PvP and Bounty Worlds. Reading the forums, we noted that several people felt that dropping items like dragonfire shields, dragon full helms, Slayer-only items (like the abyssal whip) and barrows equipment was a bad move. The general feeling was that these drops not only made the original source less exciting, but also effectively increased the rate at which these objects came into the game, which had an adverse effect on the economy. We agreed! As such, we have made the following changes:

* We have replaced many objects on the PvP drop tables with more generic items.
* We have added “loot drops”, which are objects worth large sums of cash. These objects can be sold to Mandrith in Edgeville or his brother Nastroth in Lumbridge (who only appear in PvP worlds).
* Due to forum feedback, we have removed all poisoned items from the drop tables.

Please note that we have not tried to change the average value of PvP drops – they are intended to be exactly the same as before. Also, it is still possible to get the items we’ve removed from the drop tables if your opponent is carrying them, and the chances of getting these items from your opponent’s inventory are the same as before.

Old monsters find new home in old Bounty Hunter crater

We’ve been made aware of a few existing monsters in the game that are too few in number, especially in areas busy with eager slayers. We made a list of these critters from the forums, and have added a menagerie of appropriate beasts to the Bounty Hunter crater. The area will now contain hellhounds, lesser demons, greater demons and a range of skeletons.

Teleports and switches

All teleport spells cast in Bounty Worlds will now take you to Edgeville, and there is a new switch leading to the high-level Wilderness from the ruined building south of the bank in Edgeville.

Gravestone changes

If you die in a special area (what we call an “instanced” event), you will now be given a gravestone, which will appear in the nearest non-instanced place to the one where you died. For example, if you died while fighting Bork in the Chaos Tunnels, your gravestone would appear outside the portal to Bork’s cave, giving you a chance to return and collect your items. The gravestone will be marked on the world map, and a timer will tell you how much time you have left before it disappears. Logging out will not make the gravestone disappear, although the timer will continue to count down while you are offline. Also, all gravestones will now remain in place for one minute more than they used to.

Finally, we just want to let you know that we have added an earning-potential display to PvP and Bounty Worlds interfaces. For more information on this update, visit the Recent Updates thread in the forums.

Mod Mark
RuneScape Lead Designer

In Other News…

The abyssal whip’s special attack now drains 25% of your target’s run energy, rather than 10%.

An activity bar, similar to the one recently added to Soul Wars, has been added to the Fishing Trawler minigame.

The recently added seaweed nets should now break less often.

We've fixed an issue in the Fist of Guthix minigame so that your run energy will now recharge at the rate it is supposed to when standing near the centre.

Summoning scrolls have been added to the pre-purchase advice system detailing what you'll need in order to summon the various creatures.
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:53 pm

To be honest, I rather like them. I know the hard core pkers are mad about the new tele option, but I can't tell you how many times a tele saved my bacon Razz

As for the drops, can anyone smell inflation? *sniph sniph*

Gravestones...all good Wink

Better whip spec..meh...trawler activity bar, 2 thumbs up...hellhounds in f2p is ftw, is it multi?

My 2.5 cents ^^
Back to top Go down
crusaderz2

crusaderz2

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:01 pm

i think greaters and hellhounds in bh was non-multi, but gud to c a doggie in f2p not only the mutt in varrock Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Yeah, f2p has been missing the canine element for too long! Long live the new doggies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fishey
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Fishey

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:08 am

i honestly never pk, but i like the graves.
Back to top Go down
crusaderz2

crusaderz2

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:25 am

havent seen new ones, how they look like? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Zariff
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Zariff

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 4:51 am

neither did i! well, lets see, um sure many pvpers will hate dis! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.3godsempire.org
crusaderz2

crusaderz2

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:24 am

well if so many rares r being handed out in pvp, thats not fair for most of the ppl u think
PvP and BH update Crusaderz2
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:23 pm

It was controversial from the start tbh. This is just (hopefully) the last chapter in the PvP BH saga ... if anything, the only future adjustments will be adding more worlds.

The ONLY thing that may or may not come up, imo, is the alch value of the statues since they're worth more than a gs or d claws No

I'm not gona try out the new graves though...it would unwield my fletching cape Razz
Back to top Go down
crusaderz2

crusaderz2

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:29 pm

just ask some1 to die hehe Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Lol ^^ Razz
Back to top Go down
Fishey
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Fishey

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:04 pm

I will do it.
Back to top Go down
crusaderz2

crusaderz2

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 12:08 am

c chaos isnt even afraid to respawn haha Exclamation rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 3:27 pm

It's the loging off and keeping the grave thing that interests me most. I saw a posting by Andrew not too long ago saying they were working on something like this Wink
Back to top Go down
Fishey
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Fishey

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 5:00 pm

I am not afraid of anything man.
Back to top Go down
crusaderz2

crusaderz2

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 6:35 pm

lol Cool
Back to top Go down
Pagan Luis
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Pagan Luis

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 12:07 pm

lool
Back to top Go down
dragon titanl

dragon titanl

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 5:28 pm

so what graves look like chaos?
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 8:20 am

Chaos?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PvP and BH update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP and BH update   PvP and BH update Empty

Back to top Go down

PvP and BH update
Page 1 of 1