The 3 Gods Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the 3 Gods Empires Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1st k0 --- badmarine

Go down 
+3
Zariff
Dragslay93
Bad
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

1st k0 --- badmarine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st k0 --- badmarine   1st k0 --- badmarine - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 10:50 pm

It's the fundamentals of the computer. When you run a windows computer, it's running all of it's ".exe" commands. Hackers slip malicious code in, masking it with other .exe commands. Your computer runs .exe codes in batches, not necessarily checking each batch to see if new codes have been added or not. That means that if a new code is added, it gets run without consent, as the batch had been approved before the code was added. *whew*

In a Linux/Mac OS, a program is run without need of passwords. But if you wish to change the program (such as add an update/new feature, etc.) you have to enter your user and pass code. This means that no new code is added to your batch without your expressed consent.

Mage could probably say this a lot better than me Razz but the bottom line is, windows is always getting holes in it, based on the os. Mac/Linux only gets a problem if you intentionally hit "install" on a program you have no idea does... (mainly I'm thinking about a certain virus that worked via the overflow cache-where information that overflowed the normal memory was stored out-side the secure section, and thus viruses could be loaded in the non-secure section and then uploaded to the main area)
Back to top Go down
Zariff
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Zariff

PostSubject: Re: 1st k0 --- badmarine   1st k0 --- badmarine - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:48 am

I'd rather have my PC to be more compatible with a majority of the world's games and applications and software, than to waste it all just because of some extremely rare cases for being virus attacked. I'll tell you this, I've never ever ever everrr everrrrrr been hacked from my computer frpm windows 98 till windows 7 i use now. yes, i've had the occasional virus attacks, but thats mainly due to my mistakes. for example, once i went to this video site which had a huge logo of "flash" (which Mac bans coz flash is supposedly 'dodgy' in its iPhone) on their video streamer. i clicked "play" and it asked me to instal "flash player 10" which i thought didnt exist. so i stupidly agreed and after a warning from the windows 7 warning msg that the program is trying to make changes to ur haredware, i payed no heed to it. so yea, but it all became okay after a few scans and using system recovery. the other time i had a major virus attack was agn, coz of my own stupidity coz i went to an untrusted site...so yea.

now, i thankfully have learnt my lessons nd wont repeat the mistakes. but hey, if u think losing 2-3 days of PC time is far worse than playing/enjoying all the games/softwares in the world, then thats fine by me! afro

Quote: "It is widely believed that the reason Windows is so prone to viruses is due to its popularity on the desktop, as Windows powers approximately 87% of the world's desktop computers.

The reason that there will always be a need for third-party antivirus software is really pretty simple. As far as the bad guys are concerned, Windows (any version) has a giant bulls-eye on it. For Microsoft, being "king of the hill" has its down side. The bad guys that create the malware are in it to make money and with Windows being by far the most popular operating system in the world, that's where they concentrate their efforts.

We hear all the time about Macs and their supposed "immunity" to virus attacks. This really isn't because the people at Apple have some secret formula for creating code that viruses can't attack. It's just that they own such a small portion of the market that the bad guys don't waste time writing code that targets Mac computers. There's simply more money to be made by attacking PCs. If Mac were to ever take control of the OS market, I guarantee the bad guys would start attacking it with the same success that they have now in the PC market. "

Let me tell you something else. I have an iPhone, the day I got it, I jailbroke it. The reason Apple continues to upgrade the iPhone softwares is to prevent jailbreaking, which it fails in, because someone will always crack it. The guy even cracked the iPad a few days after it came out. I buy NOTHING from the app store unless its free. I download everything from http://apptrackr.org/
and the iPhone and iTunes does not even recognize it as a cracked version. Atleast microsoft recognizes a pirated version of windows if u turn automatic updates on. u can get iphone jailbroken from here http://blackra1n.com/
personally, i love my jailbroken iphone since it enables the use if cydia apps as opposed 2 app store apps. and it allows for more themes, customization, etc. so Apple will FAIL maintaining its products if it were ever to have a very big makrket for Macs like Windows does now. so u see fate, all it takes is a lil code breaking and walla!!! u got urself an awesome iphone where u can install $900 apps for free...

Ofcourse, u cud say if it morally affects me, it dosent. coz $900 for a stupid 0.5MB application is just wrong, and I'm talkin abt an appliation whose name i forgot but Ak knows about. He challenged me to download it, free of cost, which i did and shoved it in his face! X'D

Also, check out Geohot's blog where he takes down a huge company, and what he is doing is completely fine, or slese he would have been in jail by now. Smile

http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.3godsempire.org
Bad
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Bad

PostSubject: Re: 1st k0 --- badmarine   1st k0 --- badmarine - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:07 am

I like that quote:

"It is widely believed that the reason Windows is so prone to viruses is due to its popularity on the desktop, as Windows powers approximately 87% of the world's desktop computers.

[img]1st k0 --- badmarine - Page 2 Lol_bm13[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PostSubject: Re: 1st k0 --- badmarine   1st k0 --- badmarine - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:26 am

I actually put my knee through my first mac's screen ^^ Razz They replaced for free....The one they gave me still works...(about 9 years old now) AppleCare ftw, hands down.

I can pretty much do anything on my mac that anyone else can do on their pc. I have all the necessary programs (word/excel/powerpoint) and got them all for cheap since I'm a student Razz (less than $15 for the lot of them). I also have other programs that allow me such things as viewing .wmv in quicktime and more Very Happy I've never really had a compatibility issue with any of my programs :\

Lol at the $900 app Razz but someone must be willing to pay that...or they wouldn't charge that Wink

But seriously, even if Mac/Linux became the major OS, I don't believe it would suffer as much, simply based upon the way the software works. Would it suffer more? Why sure, you get people that make mistakes all the time. But due to a major ability to make viruses by the worlds hackers...? um....

It is estimated that 40% of all college students have macs. I'm not sure how many pre-college students use macs in school, but I'm willing to bet it's a lot. These people are going to want to use what is familiar when they reach the business world. Future man...the future...
Back to top Go down
Zariff
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Zariff

PostSubject: Re: 1st k0 --- badmarine   1st k0 --- badmarine - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:41 am

just go here: u will get all ur answers here fate/mage

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_windows_part3&num=1

FYI, Windows 7 asks u before u run EVERY single .EXE file when its trying to make a change on ur computer's registry, every single time. no matter what, even if its from a known publisher. and if it somehow magically switches codes in the middle of execution(which is virtually impossible) then u can always system restore it.

Fate, u talk about the future, the future is intense gaming which you cant do on macs. the future is being able to run and design your own thing which you cant do with macs.
Back to top Go down
mage12546

mage12546

PostSubject: Re: 1st k0 --- badmarine   1st k0 --- badmarine - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Fail zarifff. Windows total fail. I know, takign comptuer science. Linux as of now is the best os. Mac isn't as secure, as lin but its alright. As for teh washign machine server, that was the server computer itself, and the load being put on. Btw, ur phoronix article is with gaming. So what. I'm not a gamer. The future isn't intense gaming. Computers were never made to be gamign machines. don't give me the asking .exe bs, a user wants to wacth a video, he downloads fake flash player, it asks he allows. Linux doesn't use executabel fiels in installations, ir use packages/repositories. I don't have tiem to right up some thing huge but i will later. Btw, learn what DRM is adn how its imbedded in win7. You haven't run linux, and if you do you probably don't wan't to learn anything. FATE if you wich to try linux but not install it, pm me.
Back to top Go down
Bad
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Bad

PostSubject: Re: 1st k0 --- badmarine   1st k0 --- badmarine - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Er...Pc outsell mac they must be doing something correct.

Locked now.
Back to top Go down
Zariff
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Zariff

PostSubject: Re: 1st k0 --- badmarine   1st k0 --- badmarine - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:11 pm

So ur saying that what all these websites are saying is FALSE, and what you learnt in your computer science club is TRUE> Okay okay, i believe you and i dont believe all the rest of the world 87% people who can actually have some fun on their computer.

Sorry bad, i just HAD to reply to that comment lol. "Windows is fail" - still lol-ing! X'D

windows is superior in every single way when u actually compare performances..

o and btw, if it wasnt made to run gaming machines, why are most games out on x360 and other consoles available on PCs?
If the future isn't hardcore gaming, tell me why most of the game rounds in the World Cyber Games are played on a PC? you just have no idea how much important gaming is lol. and listen, .exe is just a system of windows to launch executable files. like i said, its your decision whether you want to launch it or not and you hav to have the idea whether you want to launch. its not like win7 wud say "this file is safe" it wud say sumthing like "this file is trying to make changes to the hardware to your computer and may harm you. publesher: unknown publisher" and it would have to take a total amateur to still run it. lol X'D

And, pleaseee, just don't get me started talking about computer OS. i had Applied ICT for my O' levels. i do agree linux may be a bit secure, but you are discounting the fact that windows is THE MOST WIDELY USED OS IN THE WORLD and THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PEOPLE TRYING TO EXPLOIT IT. wud i rather have all the softwares/GAMES in the world over a measly linux/mac that does not hav any GAMES as well as lots of softwares, i'd RATHER choose windows, because i never had a virus attack since i switched to win7 ultimate 6 months ago.

btw mage, dont u ever use that tone of voice with me. i dont know u, u dont kno me. and its not like ur a close friend of mine. if it were fate or bad or whoever is a good friend of mine, i wud have laughed at "u dont want to learn" but since its u, ofcorse i am very much offended and insulted. as far as i can remember i never insulted u as a person okay? u got computer science? big deal. so u kno a bit about computers, that dosent give u the right 2 insult me; since i am more knowledgeable in that field than u cud imagine. and i am a gen in the clan while u are unranked, learn to show some respect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st k0 --- badmarine   1st k0 --- badmarine - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

1st k0 --- badmarine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2