The 3 Gods Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the 3 Gods Empires Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

we need a form of government in the clan!!!

Go down 
+5
Bad
Sir Fatehill
Fishey
Ronald McPopper
diehard35
9 posters
AuthorMessage
diehard35

diehard35

we need a form of government in the clan!!! Empty
PostSubject: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 6:45 pm

okay look. right now my view of the clan isn't too high. first off, things aren't run too well within the clan. sure the recruitment and evernts are good, but whenever something needs to be done, it is decided by the "royal cowe counsil". the royal counsil isn't even a republic, it's a dictatorship. some of the people on the counsil i don't exactly think should be up there. what i'm trying to say is that new people in the clan don't have any say in what's going on. sure, they can withdraw things to the "royal counsil" like i am now, but the royal counsil has doesn't think it would work because it would be too unorganized or something. what i want to see happen is a new form of government being held in the clan,a republic. this would be for each god. people under that god would VOTE for who THEY wanted making decisions in the clan. and instead of upper and lower royal advisors, we would have two officers of equal importance, instead of upper and lower. this would help the clan because if everyone under a god voted for who they want, they'd appreciate the decisions much more, and wouldn't start pointing fingers and mainly, fights won't get started. the way we could do it would have people run for a position. to run for king, you'd have to have been a contributing member of the and have been in the clan for atleast 6 months. to run for officer, you'd have to have been in the clan for three months. we'd bote for new positions every 6 months, and the previous e.g. god could run for king again, but he'd have to win. the hard part of this process would be the voting. we'd take of the voting by making sure that everyone in the clan makes an offsite, and we have a seperate forum just for voting. once voting is done the thread would be closed. if that doesn't work, we could just have fate keep track of the votes. ofcourse, they'd tell him in a seperate clan so no one will see what he said. the offsite would cure the need of "bring back the offsite!!" thread that sais not too many people constantly go on the offsite and 85+ % of the clan doesn't even have one. the problem with that would be that the non-loyal members of the clan could quit and the account would still be there. this is why i suggest that the new "royal counsil" plus fate and illpk, would be able to delete accounts. i honestly hope this idea is put into play so we can be more organized and have more fun in the clan. thanks for reading Very Happy

-die
Back to top Go down
Ronald McPopper
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Ronald McPopper

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:53 pm

well... a dictatorship is still a form of government Smile
Back to top Go down
Fishey
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Fishey

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:23 am

Instead of also having people up in the council that you vote for, you could have votes on ideas passed by the royal council.
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:24 am

Hi there,
Here's the problem. Yes, a Republic would be fair, everyone would get an equal voice, and new people would be able to have a say. But this is RS. Organizing elections is hard, and preventing them from turning into nothing but a popularity contest is hard.

A major part of government is getting something done. I'm absolutely NOT against democracy, but as the history books tell us, it usually falls into mob rule after 200 years (less on RS:P).

A dictatorship is not an ideal situation, nor should it be. Equal representation should be the norm. But it's just not practical, at least on RS.

The Royal Council is made up of all current Lower/Upper Advisers, the Emperor and the Forums Master. I decided on including them as they are our current officers over the rank of Lieutenant. I believe they are all qualified, and talented in their own area's, and that they all bring a different perspective to the table.

Contrary to normal dictatorships, we have open communication. If anyone feels something is not right, or should be changed, instead of having you shot, we'll listen. Part of being a leader is listening to everyone.

I'm sorry, I truly am. But democracy on RS fails badly, and I do not want to see this clan fail. In the future, we may be able to hold some election style placements, in fact we've been working on that recently. However, until then, I'm afraid things will stay pretty much the same.

My inbox is always open (private message to "sir fatehill") or you can post your concerns here.
We always pay attention to ideas, in fact most decisions we make are based off what you all say.

Thanks for listening Smile

Pax.
Back to top Go down
diehard35

diehard35

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi there,
Here's the problem. Yes, a Republic would be fair, everyone would get an equal voice, and new people would be able to have a say. But this is RS. Organizing elections is hard, and preventing them from turning into nothing but a popularity contest is hard.

A major part of government is getting something done. I'm absolutely NOT against democracy, but as the history books tell us, it usually falls into mob rule after 200 years (less on RS:P).

A dictatorship is not an ideal situation, nor should it be. Equal representation should be the norm. But it's just not practical, at least on RS.

The Royal Council is made up of all current Lower/Upper Advisers, the Emperor and the Forums Master. I decided on including them as they are our current officers over the rank of Lieutenant. I believe they are all qualified, and talented in their own area's, and that they all bring a different perspective to the table.

Contrary to normal dictatorships, we have open communication. If anyone feels something is not right, or should be changed, instead of having you shot, we'll listen. Part of being a leader is listening to everyone.

I'm sorry, I truly am. But democracy on RS fails badly, and I do not want to see this clan fail. In the future, we may be able to hold some election style placements, in fact we've been working on that recently. However, until then, I'm afraid things will stay pretty much the same.

My inbox is always open (private message to "sir fatehill") or you can post your concerns here.
We always pay attention to ideas, in fact most decisions we make are based off what you all say.

Thanks for listening

Pax.

doro said the same thing about the popularity contest. can someone tell me why they'd think it'd be a popularity contest? all the clan does is try to keep things organized and taken seriously. you're willing to tell me that after letting all these people into the clan, they'd vote for them because they're already up ther? because they happened to be one of the first ones in the clan? that's bullshit. i understand if you guys are afraid to move farward (WHICH YOU ARE)you gotta realize that this clan eventually will drop out, and the point of a clan in runescape is to have fun. if the 3ge falls because of my method so be it. but seriously, do you think the way we're, excuse me, the royal counsil is doing it now is going to come through in the end. to be honest, this clan is no different from all the others. why would you want to join? we get about 5 new, commited members of the clan every month. at this rate it WILL fall. it would be a great favor if you could post my first post at the top of this page on the runescape forums. honestly, i'd rather have the 2 banana's opinions than the "royal counsil".
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi diehard,
Here is what we fear in a popularity contest.

We fear that someone who may not necessarily have leadership abilities would getting elected to a position of influence. In that position, they could possibly make fatal mistakes, dangerous for themselves and for the clan.

Most clans grow at this slow a pace. Getting 5 applications in a week is an "excellent" week. Of a possible 10 applicants, only 2 might stay, and maybe 1 of them will be a good member. This is normal for all clans.

We do want to be more, and we will progress. But doing so in one fell swoop won't help anyone, as it could lead to the breakup of the clan.

We are a special clan, catering to the high level f2p's, on RSB. We need to remain strong, with a very stable government.
Back to top Go down
Bad
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Bad

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Heres my opinion-

the council people have been deemed great contributors to this clan and all of the impated the clan that includes myself fate zariff hoanr doro and last but not least illpk. We understand we might need a change since we come up with wha twe vote on and then vonte on it. Maybe there should be an idea thraed were regular people or the non leading people can post questions and if we deem it valid we can make a poll and vote on the issue/topic.

amen
-badmarine96
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:36 am

We seriously do listen to everything said. A government HAS to listen to the individuals, or we're sunk. The one idea we can't entertain, is a complete overhaul of our governing system. Name changing is headache enough atm geek
Back to top Go down
` illpkforever
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
` illpkforever

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 4:44 pm

Quote :
doro said the same thing about the popularity contest. can someone tell me why they'd think it'd be a popularity contest? all the clan does is try to keep things organized and taken seriously. you're willing to tell me that after letting all these people into the clan, they'd vote for them because they're already up ther? because they happened to be one of the first ones in the clan? that's bullshit. i understand if you guys are afraid to move farward (WHICH YOU ARE)you gotta realize that this clan eventually will drop out, and the point of a clan in runescape is to have fun. if the 3ge falls because of my method so be it. but seriously, do you think the way we're, excuse me, the royal counsil is doing it now is going to come through in the end. to be honest, this clan is no different from all the others. why would you want to join? we get about 5 new, commited members of the clan every month. at this rate it WILL fall. it would be a great favor if you could post my first post at the top of this page on the runescape forums. honestly, i'd rather have the 2 banana's opinions than the "royal counsil".

Popularity Contest - People in our clan who are members might be more liked that even current leaders. If a person hated Badmarine but loves Diehard35 he wouldn't vote for Badmarine but would vote for Diehard35. To this person it dosen't matter who is the better choice for a leader. They wouldn't care if Bad leads 3 events a week or has been doing work for the clan over 6 months.. they would still vote for Diehard. Thats the problem with voting. People not up to the task, not with the ability and not deserving it could possibly make it as a leader.

I don't see how voting people in would be moving forward? I believe it would be a step backward Smile This clan will not fall out. That is your opinion not fact. My opinion is that we are getting better as every day passes. As you said this clan is not so different from other clans.. that is true, the reason lies in the fact that this system works Smile

No at 5 commited members a month we will prosper lol! You don't understand how hard it is to find the ideal member. Think back to 10 months from today, think about when Pk U All 4gp left Runescape.. we were getting mabye 2 members a month? Maybe 1 that stayed. So you saying "at this rate it WILL fail" is completly false and quite funny Razz At that rate we would be going very well.

Do you not think everyone on the Royal Council (spelling Smile ) does not deserve to be there? If you do have any concern with anyone, feel free to speak now. Call them out.. maybe we could strengthen your faith. Would you really rather have the opinions of a corporal like "Yo Yo 16" over an experienced leader in the clan?

Good Day! king
Back to top Go down
ak voidness
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
ak voidness

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 4:51 pm

Illpk:1 Diehard:zilch
Back to top Go down
Dragslay93
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Dragslay93

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:42 pm

I feel the clan is systematically fine...
Back to top Go down
Zariff
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Zariff

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:26 am

Yep, it sure is! We, the leaders are trying our best to actually do whats best for the clan. Diehard, if you got certain issues with leaders, maybe you could just PM us Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.3godsempire.org
diehard35

diehard35

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:34 am

i've already tlked it over with ak and some other clan members.
Back to top Go down
Zariff
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Zariff

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:37 am

In that case, I hope you've sorted out your issues.

Cheers! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.3godsempire.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we need a form of government in the clan!!!   we need a form of government in the clan!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

we need a form of government in the clan!!!
Page 1 of 1