The 3 Gods Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the 3 Gods Empires Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Make trial period longer??

Go down 
+3
Sir Fatehill
Dragslay93
Helloween
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Helloween

Helloween

Make trial period longer?? Empty
PostSubject: Make trial period longer??   Make trial period longer?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:20 am

Some top clans have trial periods of 3months ( not saying we should be this long) and we only have 1week trial i say we shall increase this period to 2weeks-1month to see who is really loyal and active amongst the clan. Any1 can be passed in 1week as its a short time to be within a clan. id really luv to see longer trial periods.
Thx 4 reading Smile
Back to top Go down
Dragslay93
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Dragslay93

PostSubject: Re: Make trial period longer??   Make trial period longer?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:56 am

Our trial periods r long enough. 1 week is plenty time to make a good impression.
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PostSubject: Re: Make trial period longer??   Make trial period longer?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:13 am

It's an interesting idea.

The main point of the trial period is to make sure that a person isn't just submitting an application and forgetting about us. In the old days, every single new successful app made it into the clan roster. This made for a bloated listing that required a sweep every 2 weeks to a month.

The 1 week trial period has worked out pretty well, but there's always room for improvement in anything Very Happy

Anybody else have some thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Pagan Luis
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Pagan Luis

PostSubject: Re: Make trial period longer??   Make trial period longer?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:21 pm

I think it's fine the way it is. I imagine some people would become disenchanted with the thought of being a trial member for so long and so we wouldn't recruit as many people. If it is extended I don't think it should be any longer than 2 or 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PostSubject: Re: Make trial period longer??   Make trial period longer?? EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:11 am

I have seen some clans that don't have all the members added, except for say, the peeps that have been in the clan 1 year + Razz

Currently we have enough room in our cc...but it won't always be that way. I'm hoping the cc updates arrive before we max 200 members, but a worst case scenario plan might be in order.
Back to top Go down
Thug Life

Thug Life

PostSubject: Re: Make trial period longer??   Make trial period longer?? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:34 pm

If we make the trial period to long alot of newer people who arent ranked will quit before they can start getting ranks.. Ranks arent particularly the most important thing but alot of people make it seem like they are.. But a little longer trial period wouldnt hurt but I definetly wouldnt say a month, maybe stay 1 week or 2 weeks at the most.. 1 week is still quite a long time.. In my old clan you had to wait 1 month to even get a smiley and it was hard to not get annoyed by but i stayed there for a while until I decided I wanted to come back to the clan that I started out in.. Desert Storm was nice but 3GE is alot better. (For all of you that don't know 3GE was Desert Storm pvp clan, and Sir Fatehill was there but he wasn't a PMod, he was just anotha nublet :3)
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PostSubject: Re: Make trial period longer??   Make trial period longer?? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Hee hee, we ran around as 70's, trying to kill all the people that didn't show up in Al-Karid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ShortMarine
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
ShortMarine

PostSubject: Re: Make trial period longer??   Make trial period longer?? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:15 am

i learned in Teen Leadership (created by Flip Flippin) tht it only takes 30se to make a first impression (even tho u cant see them and see facial expressions) it may apply and it takes i think it was 20busines meetings to reverse a bad impression
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PostSubject: Re: Make trial period longer??   Make trial period longer?? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:23 am

First impressions are *very* important. And yeah, making the trial period longer could act like those 20 business meetings, where we can discover the true character of the person Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxVERACxX
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
XxVERACxX

PostSubject: Re: Make trial period longer??   Make trial period longer?? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 pm

i think a 3 week trail period is long enf for me X[) 14 days left o.O
Back to top Go down
Sir Fatehill
Loyal Poster
Loyal Poster
Sir Fatehill

PostSubject: Re: Make trial period longer??   Make trial period longer?? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:05 pm

I'll be sure to bring this up at our next leaders meeting Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make trial period longer??   Make trial period longer?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Make trial period longer??
Page 1 of 1